Schoolbeat: Gloucestershire Police
As a team, we have worked with the Gloucestershire Police Schoolbeat team, producing and assisting in the development of their initial curriculum.
The Schoolbeat team consist of seven police officers who are designated to certain areas across Gloucestershire, covering the majority of both primary and secondary schools.
The main responsibilities of the role are to build trusting relationships with students from Year 6 through to Year 9.
This is completed by:
- Delivering bespoke inputs to each educational establishment, based on the RSE curriculum and force operational priorities, to Year 6 through to Year 9 students
- Participating in and, where relevant, facilitating restorative interventions involving students from their allocated schools
- Facilitating early intervention through timely and effective information sharing between police and schools
- Co-ordinating the delivery of educative inputs by local policing teams - PCSOs within local schools
- Cascading learning and upskilling local PCSOs in relation to school engagement
- Empowering students to make positive decisions, to reduce the risk of them becoming victims or offenders of crime and/or anti-social behaviour
- Supporting schools with safeguarding, reducing student exclusions and to provide advice on day-to-day police related issues