The Pupil Council have held their final meeting of the year.
The meeting was chaired by the Head Pupil and covered a broad range of topics.
Cater-link our new Catering Operators joined us in a productive session to ensure that pupils’ views are considered in regard to the service they provide. The Council looked at menus and discussed; choice, quality and quantity.
Discussion was held regarding break-times and the importance of the broad range of activities the school provides to assist in developing social skills and strengthening language and communication.
The Curriculum Leads fed-back to the group on Learning which has taken place this year. Some highlights were as follows:
- English: Extended writing opportunities, increased use of supportive Technology and a focus on quality CV writing for Year 11.
- Maths: The opportunity to work on I pads, e-learning and an increased focus on homework for Year 11.
- Science: Genetic Engineering, a Biology focus on the body and how it works and space
- Serenity: A focus on extended imaginative writing.
- Everest: Analysis of Harry Potter.
The meeting closed and a mince pie or two was enjoyed by all.