In the staff meeting this morning the 'Peaks of the Week' were:
- All the pupils who went out on the football fixture. Not only did they win by a fantastic 17-2, but they also behaved superbly and represented the school well.
- Several of the staff commended the boys who have transitioned from Everest into Nevis in the main school. They have all coped amazingly but a special mention went to Tyrell. It has been a really positive move and all the boys are a credit to themselves.
- Jimmy was mentioned both for his efforts in Maths, for his outstanding contribution to the football fixture and for how he has come a long way.
- Several staff shared how proud they were seeing the pictures of Harry B on his work experience week as a mechanic. We have had fantastic feedback. Well done Harry!
- The way all of the pupils have approached their internal exams this week has been recognised. Particular mentions to Dillano, Matthew and the girls in Serenity for coping well under pressure.
- Harry P overcame his fear of dogs and is starting to interact with Mrs Beard's dog Floss.
- Josh S-J for showing increasing maturity.
- Liam for showing remorse and coping with a situation well last week.
- Jamie H for being so polite when greeting staff.
- Callyann, Hope, Lottie, Vievien and Izzy for their amazing efforts at the indoor climbing wall, reaching the top and even letting go to wave. It was recognised how far these pupils go when they pull together and work as a team.
- Dillano for his excellent behaviour this week and accepting support.
- Harry P for patiently trying to teach Miss Owen to juggle.
- Tyrell has been fantastic in mechanics and a pleasure to teach.
- Miss Rugman for mentoring Tyler H and taking him out.
- Rhys, who brought in a big bag of lemons and limes for Miss Dare to use in Food Tech and Brandon who brought in some rhubarb. The pupils then went on to use the lettuce they grew in horticulture and made a beautiful salad with a rhubarb glaze. Well done boys!
We hope you all enjoy the weekend and come back refreshed on Monday morning.a