All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and a pace that is appropriate to their abilities. We offer personalised learning and our curriculum is tailored to meet individual pupils needs.
All pupils in school receive a range of teaching and learning styles with appropriate learning objectives set for all. At times and when it is felt appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented.
To successfully match pupil ability to the curriculum The Peak Academy remains committed to:
- A range of teaching and learning styles
- Differentiated learning materials
- Access to ICT and Technology
- Additional in class support
- Additional out of class support
- Enrichment and Enjoyment opportunities to stimulate and motivate learning
- Flexible groupings – including small group support work
- An innovative and supportive curriculum
- The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions
- Mentoring and counselling
- Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements as well as identifies areas for development.
Our curriculum also includes the social and emotional aspects imperative for lifelong learning. This is delivered through the PHSE curriculum. Our school has high expectations of behaviour, attitude and effort from all pupils.
Life skills are developed through a range of curriculum activities including school council, team building, cooperation and resilience through problem solving in lessons, team games and residential activities.